Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, September 04, 2008

The opposite of a lazy Sunday afternoon



I found my camera cord and uploaded the pictures from our weekend. Corey and Carrie drove the boys and I down to meet Andy in Macon. We were planning to play at the park, but it rained, so we improvised. We went to the Bass Pro Shop and browsed around, which was almost like going to the park. It had stopped raining when we first got there, so the kids (including the grown up ones) got to play on the outdoor displays for awhile and that was a blast. Someday, when our salary has doubled, I think Andy will be able to talk me into a boat. They were so beautiful! It has been a long time since I have been skiing, and I miss it. 
 After the Bass pro shop we went to Barnes and Noble and let the kids play with the train set while we browsed the books. That is one of my favorite stores of all time, since reading is my all time favorite past time. Last, but not least, we went to Cheddar's to eat. DELICIOUS! 
 Overall, it was a fabulous Sunday. If it had to be spent on the road, this was the way to spend it! With great friends, delicious food and fun activities! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I love the pictures. I will have to steal them from you.
That was so much fun, I can't wait until we do it again!

Marcy said...

It looks like y'all had a lot of fun. The first picture that popped up when I pulled up your blog was the one of Katie alone on that pink 4-wheeler thing, so I had to make sure I was at the blog I thought I had clicked on! Then, I saw your kids too and remembered you had been "home" recently. I love Bass Pro Shop too!