Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nature as a teacher

A homeschool friend of mine sent me this link, and I thought this woman was very informative. She uses nature as her class room so much, and I really admire that. I want to try to do that more often. I need to learn more about nature myself. I guess I can learn it along with Canaan, right? Speaking of nature... we spent Friday afternoon at a homeschool friend's house. They live on several acres, with some beautiful land. It was super hot and humid, but we toughed it up and went for a walk around their pond, looking for some nature ourselves. There was nothing too exciting, but we did see a blue heron (I think), some raccoon footprints, ate some wild muscadines, (sp?) and made plans for some future projects when this dreadful south GA heat lets up a little. Late that afternoon when I was leaving, as I was pulling out of their driveway I happened to look over and saw a HUGE rattlesnake right next to the road. It was probably about four feet long, super fat, and only about 10 feet away from her mailbox. I took a picture on my phone, but I haven't ever tried to upload from my phone to the computer. I will see if I can figure that out sometime this week. 
 In the meantime, check out the link above, and, like me, learn something new about God's beautiful creation. 

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Alive - The rattlesnake was alive. Oh my!

Thanks for coming by to visit one of my sites acupofteawithmomandme.blogspot.com .

I added you as a website I follow on homeschoolwithheart.blogspot.com

I think we may learn alot from each other.