Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, September 04, 2008

Hippie me

So, this is totally my vanity, but please add yourself to my followers link so I can know who my faithful readers are. Thank you.
 Enough about that....
  After 8 years out of college, I have recently decided to try to return to my "hippie" roots. I have continued to recycle faithfully, buy organic when I can afford it, dry my clothes on a line, eat fresh and natural produce as often as possible, grind my own grain into flour for home made bread and I still have my bell- bottoms and peasant blouses (yes, the same ones I wore in college, at least, some of them) But, I must admit that over the years my addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper has only gotten stronger and stronger. Diet. Dr. P is absolutely, nothing, and in no way natural, healthy or good for the environment, or my body. So, I have given it up. Quit cold turkey. 
 I figured, I already have a headache, which pretty much never goes away. Why not have a caffeine withdrawal headache at the same time, and get it all over with at the same time? 
 Andy gave up caffeine several weeks ago. (side note, if you know someone who would like some delicious coffee that is just sitting in our freezer, let me know!) So, we have decided to keep all carbonated beverages away from our home, at least for the time being. Instead, we bought some delicious decaffeinated green tea, and blueberry and chai and made some awesome ice tea mixtures. And I don't even have a caffeine headache anymore. Isn't life good? 
 I am going to go make an apple pie. 
 I feel so very hippie. 
 Now if only Andy would let me have my own chickens! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to say that there is probably a county or city ordinance against the chickens, but then I remembered where you live, so there probably isn't one...ha ha!
Chickens=stink

You should talk to Laura about the chicken thing. Her husband just made them get some! ha ha!

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

You are so funny Bethany! Thanks for being so real and honest in your posts... i love it!
i didn't know about the following the blog thing, but now i have added it to mine... such a cool feature!
Back in college days, i do remember you being the hippie type, but so was Andy then... so funny!