Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, November 14, 2008

All good things must come to an end

Ahh..... Vacation. Carrie and I had a blast. 
We didn't end up relaxing too much, which was our original plan, but we had fun. I am still struggling with getting pictures to go where I want them to, so we'll just see how this turns out! We went to Downtown Disney on Thursday and bought some goodies for our kids. The Lego store really was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Can you find me, among the crowd of Lego people? 

Later we met up with Marcy and Scott, who were visiting Disney for their anniversary. I went to college with Marcy, but I had never met Scott, and Carrie had never met either of them, so we really enjoyed getting to spend some time together. There were several fun stories to tell about how Marcy and I met (it seems I have been quite opinionated and outspoken for awhile now!) and how Carrie and I ended up best friend-in-laws. (our husbands are best friends, thus, we are best friends by marriage!)  Also, how my big wedding is what is partially responsible for Carrie's very small, very hurried wedding. (attending mine gave her a small case of stage fright!) 














I was informed that the lights on the Disney castle are LED lights, and that they take less electricity to run than your refrigerator, so I was not allowed to complain about them being "un- green". Carrie enjoyed the fireworks enough for both of us, so my slight (and I must point out that it was only slight) negative comment about the waste, when there are thousands of starving children around the world, was cheerfully ignored. Carrie really is a good sport, to invite me on her vacation, then put up with my inability to stop feeling the need to save the entire world! 

 I have to brag just a little bit. We were pretty much dared (by our husbands) that we couldn't eat on $30 each for the whole trip. So, of course, dare a couple of frugal freaks, and just see what happens. We brought some food with us. Granola bars, string cheese and Triscuits will last a long time. We managed to spend less than $45 (combined!) on food and beverages the entire 4 days we were gone. AT DISNEY!  That was, strangely enough, really fun. We walked a lot too. So even though a lot of what we ate was junk food, we burned it all off! 

This is where we stayed - The Swan
It was very elegant, and it smelled fabulous! They had Bath and Body Works soaps and shampoo samples, so I assume that is what the lobby smelled like too. Whatever it was, I think it was my favorite part. They also had really excellent feather pillows, down comforters,  which were deliciously comfortably, and this waterfall, which was part of one of the three or four pools. I enjoyed that! The pool was totally empty when I took this picture, but by the time we got around to swimming, there were a lot of people there. Not enough to be crowded, just enough so that it didn't feel like we were in "Left Behind" or something! 

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Now I am glad to be home. I missed my boys, all three of them. I am ready to get some more paperwork done. I am ready to add a girl to this family, and in order to do that, I have to just bite the bullet, and do the nitty gritty boring stuff! So, bring it on! 



2 comments:

ConservaChick said...

This looks like so much fun! We spent $700 on food last time we went (although it was for a family of 6 and we were there a week) STILL you are the frugal "princess" Sorry Grace for Gayle get's to be "queen".. it's only fair. ~K

EmileeHope said...

Hey sis! I think that is where Kev & I stayed once when we were in Orlando with Chick-fil-a! It was a really cool place! I tend to get them all mixed together, was this one near the board walk? (Or maybe that was one from another year?) Anyhow, glad y'all got to have your fun girls trip! Wish I could have come!