Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We're having fun

The pictures are not doing what I want, so they are not in any order, but this is my vacation, and I am ont going to fight with them, so... Oh well!!


















Carrie and I went to Mickey's Christmas party last night, rode multiple rides, saw cute and friendly characters, and stood in very few lines. We did not carry any babies, did not change any diapers, did not stress, pretty much at all.
I took this picture of the moon from the top of the Swiss Family Robinson's tree house. That was one of my favorite things when I was 10, and remains one of my favorite still. I love the Disney movie, and love the original book even more. If I am every shipwrecked in a deserted island, I sincerly hope that 1.) I have a copy of the book with me, since it is so educational and tell you have to survive on a deserted island, and 2.) I have such a positive attitude. I am inspired by them, and by the silly little sign that I took a picture of.














Last, but not least, here is me with Rafiki! This was the only character that Carrie and I were patient enough to wait in line for, since his line was only 3 people long, but he was friendly. He even gave me a kiss, which was super exciting!! Too bad Andy wasn't there to defend my honor and punch that monkey! Just kidding!
Well, Carrie and I are off to eat food that our hubbies don't care for (lots of veggies and hopefully some chocolate!) and see what else we can find to do. Hopefully after that, we will hit the pool.

3 comments:

Abigail said...

how exciting! i'm so glad that you're getting this vacation! i only wish i was a little closer so i could pop by and say hi in person!

EmileeHope said...

Sounds like y'all are having fun!! Wish I could have joined you!

Mimi said...

Sounds like you're having a blast! I love your picture of the moon, it's great!