Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, November 16, 2008

Words

 While I was on my little vacation, Mom helped Zion name one of his stuffed animals. It is a little boxer that Canaan "bought" for him when he was first born. He carries it around quite often, so she thought he needed a name. It is a fairly tough looking little dog, so they named it "Butch". 
 There is only one problem with that name. Zi has a small speech delay. Rather than say "u" in the middle of the word, he says "i". As in, the proper name for a female dog. 
 His Noni says he is just advanced. No need to teach him silly, baby words. He is just going straight to proper, technical terms. 
 We'll just make sure we leave that stuffed toy at home in the future, so he isn't announcing it's name in the middle of Target, or better yet, church! 
 
 Mom is really enjoying my kids and words it seems. She took Canaan home with her his week (which is another whole blog, since poor Zi does not know what to do with himself without a brother to pick on!) Mom asked Canaan, "Can you buckle up by yourself?" She couldn't hear his answer clearly, so she asked, spelling it out, "C-A-N, can, or C-A-N-T, can't?" Canaan replied, "N-O, no" He couldn't spell the whole word she wanted (although he could have, if he had thought about it... but I won't push that part of it!)  so he just changed to another word, which he was sure he could spell! 
 
 On a small side note, while I was on vacation, I was "tagged". I am working on it, I promise... it is just taking me a little while to figure out what I want to say, and compile the pictures I want to use. So, be forewarned... it is coming, and I will be tagging others. So beware!  
 

2 comments:

EmileeHope said...

Uncle Kevin loved the story about the stuffed dog's name when I told him about it. (Mom had told me the story earlier in the week because she knew Kevin would love it!) Too funny!

Unknown said...

i love this! It is better when you actually hear him! ha ha!