Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, November 06, 2008

A good day

 Yesterday was just an all around good day. My friend Lindsay recently introduced me to an extraordinary woman's blog, which is filled with happy moments. It encouraged me to share a few of mine, just because...

P.S. All photo's are courtesy of Canaan, from a few weeks ago... It is really cool to see the world from his point of view. 


 My boys woke up cheerful. 

All that talk about old college shirts ad put me in a nostalgic mood, so I dug out one of my old favorites. A peasant blouse, all filmy and flowing. For some reason, that is just a good way to start the day. Just because.
 
My friend Christie called me, just to see what I was doing, and since my day was totally open (nothing planned!) we decided to let our boys play. We made pumpkin bars, enjoyed the cookies she had brought with her, and made homeschool plans.  Just because. 

 After our friends went home, we enjoyed just being together, my boys and I. We sat on the back porch, ate pretzels, and sampled three different kinds of citrus fruits. Just because.
 
 Then we dressed up like pirates, complete with eye patches and swords, and went hunting for treasure in the empty field next to our house. Just because. 

 For supper, we ate "Taco Soup", (but with a vegetarian adaptation) and delicious chips and cheese dip. Just because.   

 I read some really inspiring words, that encouraged my walk with Jesus at Hallelujah Anyhow.  I am convinced to agree, and proclaim Hallelujah Anyhow!!! Just because. 

 I talked to several of my good friends, through several the wonderful forms of communication this modern world has to offer. The cell phone, texting, Facebook, E-mail. I appreciate technology. Just because. 

 Andy has class on Tue. and Wed. nights, so it is usually just the three of us. The boys often go from bedtime Monday until after work on Thursday without seeing their Daddy, since he comes home after they are asleep, and leaves before they are awake. But last night, Daddy got home early. Just because the professor felt nice. 

 He was there to tuck them in and say prayers with them. Zion has been on a "My Mommy" kick. He claims me on a regular basis. (I keep reassuring him that no one else wants me, but he still feels the need to claim me anyway!)  As we were saying our final "goodnights", Zion declared, "My Mommy, Canaan's Daddy".  I guess he has decided that he can share Daddy, but not Mommy.  We just passed hugs around for everyone, and reassured him that we all belong to each other. Because I love them, all three of them, more than I could have imagined was possible. That makes for a very good day, every day. 
 
 Just because. 


4 comments:

EmileeHope said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Karen said...

What good thoughts to read first thing in the morning! I remember my "just because" days with my boys when they were young and have enjoyed many with the grandkids too. Hope today is another great day for you and your family....

Linzyann said...

What a lovely day!!! I also love Canaan's pictures, especially the one of you. How fun to see what captures his eye (brother, mommy, toys...). Glad that you are enjoying NieNie, too! Are you going back through the archives?

Unknown said...

all that sounds like so much fun! just because...