Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, November 02, 2008

Election countdown...

 It seems that the only thing to talk about now is the election. It is on the news, certainly on my mind, huge time of prayer at church, and even what we are discussing for homeschool co-op tomorrow. With our 4-6 year olds. 
 Of course, our kids are having a mock election to pick which candy bar they think is best. At least they aren't going to have to pick the president. However, Canaan did say that he would pick McCain... for anyone who wants to know. (I am sure all of the grandparents are proud right now!) And I didn't coach him to say that, or tell him who I was voting for. He just listens entirely too much, to absolutely everything that is said around here! 
 I am already getting the impression that my son is going to be a rebel. I told him the two candidates up for election tomorrow were Kit-Kat and Special Dark. He said he was going to vote for Starburst. Hey, this is a democracy, and I guess write-in votes are allowed. His Daddy would be proud. Andy hates the two party system and often speaks out against it. I guess someday, when it is my turn to run for office, I will have to run as an independent. I don't really fit into either of the two party choices currently given anyway. I think I am too conservative for either of them! I want to "save" both the unborn child and the spotted owl, the starving children and the redwood forests, money and time (I guess I need to come up with a few more actual concrete plans as to how to accomplish these things, right?)... I will just be a write-in vote too!  
 Everyone just remember that when it is time to vote for me in a few years! 
 Anyway, I just wanted to remind everyone to vote on Tuesday. Be responsible. Be a good citizen. Be involved in our country. VOTE! 

P.S. I voted early, so the poster at the top is true - I did vote already! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it's hilarious that he wanted starburst! ha ha.
Also, I see where you are coming from with the "too conservative" for both. That is funny to think about, but true, even with some people I know, I was thinking, wow, they aren't the typical conservative type, but I know they are hippies (not so pro-government), so who do they vote for? ha ha!