Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The day after....

 I have talked to a lot of people today. About disappointment, and happiness. Discouragement, and excitement. God's will, and what sometimes seems to be the power of satan. About the past, and the future. Grown-ups and children. The precious, unprotected unborn children, and pregnant pigs. 
 
 And it is only 1:45. 
 
 I am hopeful. I choose to be hopeful. This morning when I opening my devotional book, the first thing I read was "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" Gen. 18:14  And the answer to that is a resounding and absolute NO! Nothing is too hard for my Lord. 

 As you all know, I read a lot. A LOT. All the time. I found this site a while ago that sums up a little more eloquently the reason why I could not vote for Mr. Obama. Mostly, what it boils down to is that I believe that life begins at conception, and Mr. Obama does not. However, I do agree with Mr. Obama on some issues. I think that he has some interesting ideas, brings some new ideas to politics, and, because of his skin color, has the potential to hopefully draw us together as a nation in unity. I can't say I agree with everything, obviously, but I respect him as my president, and as my husband's boss. I am optimistic about the wonderful things that CAN be accomplished during this presidency. Because, Gen 18:14 is answered with an absolute NO.

 Also in today's reading, "God is in charge of deciding human destiny". James 4:12a (the message). Do you think that my Savior had a word for me today? Isn't it in the book of Esther where there is a verse about us being called to a place "for such a time as this". We are not in control. We do not run this universe. We do not know or understand everything, or sometimes, anything! We simply choose whether or not we, as individuals, will follow our Savior's commands. Every day. Every breath. Every command. 

 One last verse... I told you I read a lot. "Train me in good common sense; I'm thoroughly committed to living your way.... With your very own hands you formed me; now breathe your wisdom over me so I can understand you.... What you say goes, God, and stays, as permanent as the heavens. Your truth never goes out of fashion." Psalm 119:66, 73 and 89 

 So now I will pray for my new President elect. I will pray that Jesus will touch his heart. He has two young daughters, who could someday be carrying his unborn grandchildren in their bellies. Maybe that will give him cause to think for a moment, when he considers signing the Freedom of Choice Act, as he has promised he will. He seems to be a likable man. I am going to do all in my power to like him, and pray daily that true wisdom will guide him. 

 

3 comments:

Mimi said...

This is such good stuff, Bethany. I too couldn't vote for Obama for the same reason....But God is so in control of everything. Very weel put; good job.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comments beth. i appreciate the tactfulness that so much of america is missing at this point. you have put my thoughts into words completely.

Unknown said...

At our Bible study tonight someone shared that they were panning out across the audience during the speech and there was a very old african american man with long white hair and he was just standing still, with a tear rolling down his face. She said it was just a moment of wow for her...for what it means for those people.
I thought that was a good point. Regardless of all the rest or what it may mean...