Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, November 07, 2008

Music

 Just a few musical "notes".... (hahaha)

 Andy plays his Ipod in his truck. It is set on "random", but for some reason, every time you start the truck the first song that plays is "Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but Nobody wants to die", by David Crowder. For some reason that I cannot explain, it is really amusing to hear a 2 year old chime in from the back seat "nobody wants to die"

 But that wasn't what I got on here to say. I have gotten several comments recently about my blog's music. Mostly that there is too much country... I would apologize, but I am not sorry, so it would be a wasted breath. Besides, there really isn't THAT much country. If it bother's you that much, just hit "refresh" and something different is bound to come up. 
 Andy added some new music for me last night. Since he does not every update his own blog, he feels the need to be involved in mine on occasion. He has specifically asked that Corey, (and anyone else who is interested) check out The Mexican Scotsman and Group 1 Crew. I can't say that I would have picked them on my own, but Andy has rubbed off on me over the years, so I gave my approval and let him put them on my blog! 

 Last story. When we were in the truck last Sunday, driving down the road, listening to whatever random Ipod song popped up, I started writing down Canaan's comments. Here are a few.

"The words are too fast".... Rap (don't worry, even the fast words are double checked for cleanliness!)

"They sound like they are on the farm"..... Bluegrass

"Now this is good music".... Rock ("and Roll" according to him, but it is actually more "hard rock" in my opinion, albeit Christian)

 So, if you have musical requests for my blog, let me know. I have my Zion and Canaan songs, (check them out, they are pretty amusing) my sisters song, Handel, Bach, Keith Green, Rich Mullins, even some Elvis, and a touch of rap. If I am missing anything, except the Beatles, please, let me know! 

4 comments:

Marcy said...

It's your blog, so you should have whatever you want on there!

Corey said...

Ah yes, I now remember that, even though you are my best friend in-law, you are also my mortal enemy. Every page on the internet needs a Beatles song! Wait, do I have one on my blog thingy!?! Crap, I need to make sure of these things. Anyway, you should play whatever you feel like mi amiga, but you need to learn to love the Beatles... ;)

Linzyann said...

Am I missing something? What's the Beatles thing? I vaguely recall you mentioning them before but cannot remember why you do not like them or have them on your blog. (You just don't like the Beatles, or is it more specific than that??? Can't remember).

Unknown said...

Well....I always have the sound muted because I visit my own blog first (which plays music) then go from there to all the others I read, so you can imagine that is quite annoying if you get all the music going at the same time....thus my sound is always muted and I hear nothing....