Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, November 08, 2008

My vacation

Surprise.... I am going on vacation!! Just me - no kids, no husband. You must be asking, how in the world did you manage that?! That is a good question, and to be completely honest, I am still not sure. My friend Carrie called me yesterday (my goodness, was it just yesterday?) to say that she had won a 3 nights stay at a luxury resort in Orlando!! The only catch was that in order to claim her prize, she had to use it next week! But, she is a homeschool mom, with a fabulous mother in law who happened to be available to watch her kids, so it worked out. She was originally going to take the vacation with another friend of hers who lives just down the street. But, I live on the way to Orlando, so I told her that she had to stop at my house on the way down. We got to talking, and she said, "Bethany, why don't you come too?" Of course, my first thought was, "There is no way Andy would let me go on such short notice, and who would watch my kids?" But, just for giggles, I called my wonderful, amazing, Mom, who said... "Sure, work is slow, I can take next week off and watch your kids." Then I called my wonderful, amazing husband, who said, "I will be working 12 hour shifts all week next week, so I am not going to see you anyway. Sure, go ahead". So, with about 4 days advance notice, I am now going to Disney for a 3 night stay at a very fancy resort, spending one evening at Disney World for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, getting to see my college friend Marcy, who just happens to be spending the week at Disney at the same time, and just relaxing by the pool, reading a book, trying to vacation as cheaply as possible. Carrie's original friend ended up not being able to come after all, so it may just be the two of  us - we're still looking into a third "partner in crime". No worries - we can handle it! 

 I am so excited! Contrary to what Carrie's blog says, I have been to Disney before. However, I haven't been since I was 10, so it has been nearly 20 years. Also, I haven't been on a vacation in a really really long time. Especially one without my kids, which is, in and of itself, a vacation. Not that I don't adore every minute with my kids. I am just really really excited about getting a few days to not have to think about the toilet needs of others! Just for a few days....

 So, that is my exciting update for today. I think I might still be in shock. I haven't even made a list, or started packing, or anything. It isn't quite real yet. We leave on Tuesday, so I better get my act together soon! Just give me a few more hours...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that "not thinking about the toilet needs of others!" ha ha!!!! We deserve this so badly girl!!! AND, I am sounding like a really bad friend that I didn't call you right away, but in truth I really didn't want to dangle it in front of you when I thought there would be no way for you to come...but God is so good and everything is working out perfectly!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT!
Now I better go get that next "sleep" over with so we can be down to 2!

Anonymous said...

so if I get tired of the toilet needs of others do I get to put a diaper on him? mom

ConservaChick said...

I am SO JEALOUS! I'm all about the food! Something about Disney makes me feel like it's ok to eat cake for breakfast. I LOVE that. ~K