Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, December 17, 2008

8 days until Christmas...

Around the world, winter time is quickly approaching.
Christmas cookies are being baked. (two days in a row for us!)
   
Sprinkles are being sprinkled.

Somewhere in the world, snow is falling....

but not in South GA. Today, it was 80 degrees outside. And while Christy and I were making Christmas cookies, we sent the kids outside to play. 
 They were creative...








Leftover rainwater is loads of fun! Who knew? 


(I keep that old trash can under the eaves, to catch the rainwater runoff, so that during the summer months I can water my plants with the extra water. It was completely full of rainwater, leftover from the last storm we had. Kinda gross, really, but they had a blast!)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

oh my goodness!!!!!! Playing in the run off water?! Wow....in December! ha ha!

Marcy said...

That's too funny! It has been quite warm here too. I think it was mid 70s yesterday and it was kind of raining so it was muggy - it felt like May! Anyway, have you checked your email lately? I emailed you the other day and haven't heard from you. Maybe I have the wrong email address?

Karen said...

Cute pictures...make lasting memories...