Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More spider!!!!

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing about this, but since I nearly had a heart attack, you get to hear it anyway, so deal.
 My spider is STILL ALIVE!!!
 I was showing her to my friend Christy on Monday, when she was over here for Gingerbread house decorating (homeschool co-op project, more on that later!) and Christy said, "I think it just moved". I didn't believe her, so I got really close to the jar, and that thing absolutely, without a doubt moved. As in, crawled all around, waved it's legs in anger at us, and freaked me out nicely. 
 So, here I am, back at square one. Still in possession of a very angry, very hungry, and NOT DEAD black widow spider. For now, it stays in a jar on my shelf. And yes, this is Wednesday, and I just checked again, and it is still alive. 
 It would be funny, if it wasn't so very NOT funny. 

3 comments:

Karen said...

There is probably an object lesson in this spider saga...the one that just won't go away.I wonder how long they do live under those conditions anyway?

Unknown said...

I guess now you will just have to wait and find out how long it will live. I think even I would have to do that at this point. But, it would still be out in the garage, for sure!

Mimi said...

Oh, man, I'd take that spider over to the Orkin office or something! It should be a free service to kill poisonous spiders!!!! Can you call animal control or something???