Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, December 22, 2008

On the first day of Christmas...

Our gift opening will be a little spread out this year. Rather than drag all of our gift up to Mom's house, then all the way back again, we decided to open them together as a family on Sunday. We did stocking and a few presents before church, and the rest Sunday afternoon. 

Here is the tree, before the rush of opening. 

I love Andy's new hat. It is always hard to get a picture of him, without him making a silly face. In fact, he has even started a "training class" for Canaan. Take these pictures, for example.
I have to coax smiles out of Zion, but when I get one, it is very real! 

Both boys got mittens and sunglasses in their stockings... 

... and they were proud to show them off! 

Lastly, here are my boys and their "stash". 

 I don't have any good pictures of my surprises. Andy got me beautiful earrings and a lovely necklace. I will try to get a picture of them sometime soon. Mostly I just want to brag on my adorable husband, for being such a good man... shopping for me, and finding good deals!! 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

They look so happy! By the way, is Zion wearing a silk Asian outfit? It looks cute on him whatever it is!
That batman lego set does look really fun and cool!