Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy birthday Zion





Zion turned three today. My, how the time does fly. 

Here are just a few pictures of him, through the years.














 I can't seem to get them in any particular order, so please, just imagine them in an orderly fashion. 
 Also, just a few notes. Yes, he is wearing what you think he is around his neck. And yes, he did that all by himself. He was about 15 months old then, and Andy was in Iraq. That was a fun picture to E-mail to Daddy.
 In case you can't tell, he loves costumes. It seems to run in the blood! Mom is the costume mistress for her theatre group, and Canaan and Zion have both inherited a healthy love for dressing up and playing pretend.  
One of my favorites is "naked Christmas" from last year. I don't know why he was naked on Christmas morning, but for some reason, it cracks me up, because he was so proud of himself! The last picture is from today. I just think he looks so grown up. 
 I guess I wasn't quite ready for three. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! I meant for my kids to call and say Happy Birthday! We talked about it being Zion's birthday, and then I guess it exited my mind since it had been "said out loud!"
ha ha. I hope you had a great little celebration at home, and we are happy we were able to celebrate when you were here last. Enjoying that moon sand? *smile*
Great job with all the pictures! I know that took a long time.

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

Happy Birthday Zion! We loved the pictures of him... especially the naked one! He looks so much like you in that last picture Bethany! So cute!

Chrissy said...

Oh my goodness....3 years old....I can't believe it!!! Happy Birthday Zion!!! He looks sooo grown up in the last photo!

EmileeHope said...

He really does look so grown up! It's hard to believe he is three!! I am so excited to see y'all again at Christmas!!