Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Post holiday catch-up

Anyone looking at my blog lately would think that I have nothing to say. 
 Let me assure you that is not the case. However, I have had absolutely no time to blog lately! It is very frustrating! I told Andy the other day that I was going to do a Lent type of idea for the Christmas season. Rather then give up meat, or chocolate, or caffeine, I think I will give up sleep. That may be the only way for me to get everything done! Since that is not a very realistic possibility, I am just going to have to cut some things off of my to do list. Since many things are "need" to do, and some of them are "want" to do, the needs have to come first~ who came up with that brilliant idea? I sometimes really dislike responsibility! 
 It is currently Tuesday evening - we got home from our Thanksgiving trip on Sunday evening (the normally 4 hour drive took 7, with the holiday traffic, rain and multiple wrecks). As of right now, two of our four suitcases are still packed. Does that give you an idea of what my last two days have been like? However, on a cheerier note, the Christmas tree is up, and decorated, and my boys had a blast doing it, so who cares if their clothes are still in suitcases?! 
 And, we spent two hours at the grocery this afternoon, and are now fully stocked with yummies. For you non-military people who don't know, the commissary is closed on Monday - since we got in late on Sunday, we have had to just make do with what was left in the fridge and freezer from last week for the last two days. It wouldn't have been a tragedy to go to Publix or anything, but I wanted to wait for my cheaper food - thus, we have been scrounging a little! 

 Here are, finally, the pictures from Thanksgiving. The spider is from the day we left - she was on the tarp with I grabbed to cover the back of the truck. Luckily, Andy saw her, and not me. I might have passed out, had I realized that I was holding her!! 
 I have several really bad pictures of Andy, but he was deliberately being non-cooperative, so I posted the pictures anyway. Laugh at him, then next time you see him, tell him to smile for the camera and stop being so difficult! 


 Doesn't that "roller coaster" ride look great? The boys were having such a great time, it almost made me wish we had some hills around here - almost. 
 I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Enjoy your blessings every day, not just on one Thursday of the year. 

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love your new profile picture! It looks like you guys had a great time....except for the spider. Was it a black widow? It looks like a red hourglass on her belly.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I would have died if I had seen that spider!
Also, your dad is pretty daring racing up and down that driveway...it looks like he was running! I would also have died if my dad did that with my kids in a wagon...but you know he never would ha ha!
AND I just finished getting everything out of my disney suitcase last week! ha ha!!!!

Mimi said...

That spider truly would've caused heart failure!! (Do I see a red belly? Was it a black widow?)
It looks like you had a great time with your family...don't you LOVE family??
And I love the frozen fountain!!

EmileeHope said...

Oh My Gosh!! That spider is so scary!!! I enjoyed spending time with y'all over Thanksgiving!! Love ya!