Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Recovery time

It is SO good to be home.

 Christmas was absolutely fabulous. We had a wonderful time visiting with a lot of family, and even a few friends... although perhaps we should just call them family too, since I think Andy and Corey are practically brothers! We ate delicious food, opened fun presents, found a few great deals at the after Christmas shopping, ate some more delicious food, stayed up WAY too late over and over again.

 Now, we are home. 

 And it just feels so good. 

 I loved the visiting and the game playing (side note: Quelf is hilarious - check it out if you get a chance), the eating and the laughing. But for some reason, coming home just feels really nice. 
 I have laundry to do, and unpacking to tackle. There are presents to find permanent places for and shelves that are going to have to be cleaned out. My fridge (finally) does not stink anymore, (for anyone who cares, it was black beans that decided to play a huge game of espionage, and trick me into thinking they were much much fresher then they actually were... but anyway) -  I totally forget where I was going with that sentence. Oh yes - food must be thrown away. Christmas cookies are no long yummy when they are two weeks old! 
 Tomorrow is Monday, which means homeschool Co-op. We need toothpaste and body wash for Canaan, and I know that there is no way that I can walk into Target and walk back out again with ONLY those two things. Which means, my day tomorrow is pretty much shot. 

 However, even with that huge hodgepodge of craziness hanging over me, (and that doesn't even include the fact that I still have to feed my family regular meals now... no more eating cookies and candycanes, or the lovely meals that other people make!!)  even with all that, it still feels good to be home. 

 There is just something about your own four walls. 
My own pillow- which is calling to me. 
"Bethany... come... I have missed you." 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I know you are happy to be home! I have to tackle the aftermath myself, but I am thinking of putting it off till thursday when Corey has another day off and just goofing around till then. I would also like to see the pictures you took....specifically the one of Corey and Andy playing leapfrog!

Kelsey and Travis said...

I love you Bethy!!!! Good luck with the dreaded after Christmas too do list. Kels