Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, December 21, 2008

Murphy's oil soap

For anyone who is interested....
 Murphy's oil soap takes crayon right out of carpet. It really is amazing. Of course, you have to then take the steam cleaner to your carpet to get the Murphy's out... but at least it is the right color! And.... while you have the steam cleaner out, you might as well do the whole living room, right? 

 The answer to that is actually a big fat NO! (or as Canaan would say N.   O.   spelled out, one letter at a time) This time of year is entirely too busy for extras! Luckily, I have a fabulous husband, who took it upon himself to clean the carpet while I cleaned the children last night. He said it was even - he would "bathe" the carpet if I would bathe the kiddo's. I lucked out - he even had time to clean out the frog tank too. You know, I may get all the day to day yucky, thankless jobs, but he very willingly volunteers for the big chores, so I won't complain! 

 Another huge project we took on yesterday was cleaning the fridge. It has had a slightly funky smell coming from it for the last few days, and I have been randomly throwing away leftovers, hoping that would solve the problem. 
 It hadn't worked. 

 So, Andy pulled it out away from the wall so that I could open it wide enough to actually pull the drawers all the way out, and remove the shelves. I am pretty good at staying "on top" of keeping it clean, (I am slightly OCD) but it had been at least six months since it had been fully scrubbed, so it was time. We tossed slightly sour dairy products, overly ripe fruit, veggies with a hint of mushiness, more leftovers, even though there was nothing wrong with them. We changed the baking soda box. We washed EVERYTHING. In front, behind, above, below. 

 But my fridge still stinks. 

 That is really really frustrating! 
 If I don't figure out what it is soon, I am going to lose my mind! 

 Any suggestions? 

No comments: