Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Number 200

I have reached post number 200. In honor of that illustrious event, I have chosen to blog about the past, the present and future, all in one.
 I know, awe inspiring, isn't it?! (insert sarcasm) 
 I am very tired, and my mood is slightly, well, sarcastic, so I probably shouldn't undertake anything life-changing tonight, but I can't skip to post number 201... 
 I guess we will start with the past, since it is already over, and is easiest - at least in theory. What is past? For me - birth, and rebirth- 





the addition of several sisters (and now several brothers too). 
Lots and lots of school.

The first seven (and a half) years of marriage,
 and the two beautiful boys we have been gifted with in that time.



 The past has held a lot, and I have enjoyed it. 
But now, it is NOW. And today I need to focus on today. December 12, 2008... beginning exactly this minute, actually. (I think that means I should go to bed...)
 First, a quick look at the future. I will be 30 in a little more than five months. That seems like such a big deal right this minute. For some reason, 30 seems so huge. And because it seems so huge, I am trying to prepare myself for it. Another blog I read, Everyone has a story to tell, is planning for it this year too. I liked her idea. It is called Project 365. The goal is to take a photo every day - kind of like a journal of life. To make yourself think outside your normal "box". Look around and see things differently. 
 I am going to add to the project a little. I am going to try to upload a picture onto here every week. I would say every day - but I know that is an unrealistic goal. So, I am going to try to set a goal that is attainable. 
 Starting in 2009, I am going to make a goal to take a picture every day. Sometimes, it will just be my kids. Sometimes it will just be my house. But I am going to try to take pictures of the sunset, and caterpillars, art, things that I am learning.

(This is a picture of art I took last month. Isn't everyone proud of me!) 
I don't want to be stagnant. I want to grow. 
  My future holds a lot...
I am ready. One day at a time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat idea. I would love to say I would take a picture every single day, but if I forgot even once I would just throw the towel in!
Love the old pictures, and the "recent" past ones. It that you and Emily? The younger one sort of looks like it could be kelsey too.
Have you started planning the big party yet for 30? I am sure your family will throw a grand shindig for you!

Unknown said...

Wow, I just checked my posts and I am only at 172...how did you get so far ahead of me?! ha ha. Probably because I have 4 blogs? maybe? ha. I finally figured out how to delete some of my blogs, Corey helped me find it and it seemed rather obvious when we found it but now I can't remember. Anyway, maybe I will hit 200 before too long, but probably not before the end of the year. who knows.