Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My early Christmas present

 A few months ago, Andy and I bought ourselves a new table and chairs at Sam's club. It was the last one in stock, so it was marked down drastically. (We love a good deal)
 
 But when we got home, we found that two of the six stools had cracked legs. Because they were the "bottom of the stack", they had obviously been mishandled in shipment. We had gotten such a good deal, we decided it was still worth it, even with just four chairs. 
 However, after putting everything together, we found "The Phone Number". Service and Repair. So, I called the company. I told them we had bought it from Sam's, and that two of the chair's were broken, and was there anything they could suggest. 
 They told me they were currently out of stock in that model, but took my name, address and item number down. 
 Weeks and weeks went by. I E-mailed the company once, and they said they were still out of stock. More weeks went by. I completely and utterly forgot about the very idea of more chairs. Then, last week, the door bell rang....

and these were waiting for me at the door. There is just something about a big brown box - it simply feels like Christmas! It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon. Canaan, Zion and I sat in the front yard, got out Daddy's tools and went to work. 
 Here is a picture of our completed handiwork.
 And here is a picture of my proud little helpers, trying out the finished product. 
They arrived just in time, and are just the right height, for our homeschool co-op to make Gingerbread houses around our kitchen island.
 Here are their finished results...

Jessica's                                 Samantha's                                Canaan's
Marcus'                                   Zion's

 Don't drool too much, okay?!

P.S. I sent the company a thank-you E-mail, to let them know I appreciated them following through, even though it had been so long. I had forgotten about the chairs, so I know that they could have forgotten about them too. I wished them a Merry Christmas. They wrote me back a nice little note, and wished me a "Happy Holidays". We'll have to pray that they get some Jesus in their Holiday time - but even without, I was impressed with their follow through. 
 Be blessed! Bethany

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great!!! What an awesome surprise. I love when things like that happen!
And on another note...this whole Merry Christmas Happy Holidays thing drives me nuts. Now, I feel like I should feel bad because I bought a rug for the front porch that says "Happy Holidays." Now that's just not right! I liked the picture on that one the best is all, I am not trying to take Christ out of Christmas or anything ha ha! But I was feeling paranoid that I would be looked down upon because my rug says Happy Holidays...ha ha, I know I am being silly.
Anyway, the calendar still says "Christmas Day." So, why does the mail not run and Wal-Mart actually close? The calendar does not say "Holiday Day."
We have not made gingerbread houses yet. Hmmm, forgot all about it. I wonder if we will...this is turning into its own blog post!

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

Love the chairs! That is awesome how they finally arrived when you least expected them too ;-)
On another note, i need your home address please!