Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, December 03, 2008

More spider

I had no idea my spider was going to be such a big hit.
 Yes, she was a black widow. Yes, she was the biggest one I have ever seen. We have caught at least three since we have lived here. 
 When I was first trying to take her picture, I accidently had the camera on the video setting. Since she has been so popular, I decided to post my short little foray into "The life (and death) of Mrs. Black Widow". Luckily, it cuts off before you can hear me "cuss". (I was about to say crud, not the other word... )

 And Carrie, I feel the need to apologize. I gave you grief about the untimely death of your fish- then, when this spider was in my life, I was completely and utterly without any sympathy or grace. We left her in a Mason jar, without food, or possibility of escape, and went out of town
 Strangely enough, when we got back, a full week later, she was still alive. At least, Andy said she was. I didn't bother to get close to enough to check. I just told him to take care of it
 After all, husbands are good for those sorts of things, aren't they?!

 Anyway... I just wanted to apologize for giving you grief. I will promise not to judge your fish raising skills ever again, as long as you promise to give me any fish you wish to dispose of, okay?

 And spiders... well, spiders better just stay out of my line of sight!!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

You think "crud" is a cuss word?? Honey, I could teach you some real words...like what I would've said if that big poisonous spider was anywhere near me!!!

Unknown said...

I just love Bethany and her "cuss" words. What a dear!
I have to confess, the fish situation was a bit different...my fish wasn't nearly as threatening looking (or literally actually threatening) as your spider!
But I AM glad that we have husbands to "take care of" things like this! ;)