Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, December 07, 2008

Updates all around

 First of all, a Gifty update. According to Liberian paperwork, Gifty now belong to her new family!!!  Praise God! However, there are some technical difficulties on the American Embassy side. Since no relatives were ever found, they are not wanting to declare her an orphan, and are not letting her be legally adopted quite yet. So, she and her new family need a ton of prayers right now while they wait for paperwork to work it's way through the system, so they can bring her home. Please, please keep them in your prayers. You can always check either Love in Liberia or Deb in Liberia for updates. I am just linking to their main page, so if they post anything new, you can see it. 
 
 Pierre, who is our contact in Holland, is currently in Benin. So, we are very hopeful that we will have more information about Glwadys soon. All official paperwork there is in French, but I can have things interpreted if needed. I just want to know more. 
 I actually checked out some French on CD lessons for little kids from the library. I haven't taken French since my sophmore year of highschool. That is a long time ago! I figured baby French would at least teach me a few phrases I can use with my daughter when I first meet her. "Hello" "I love you" "Are you hungry" "Are you sleepy" "Do you need to potty" Things a mommy needs to say. I have had to interpret what Zion is saying for years now. He speaks "Zionese". Now I just have to learn French for Glwadys.  Hopefully she will learn English faster then Zion! Even if she doesn't, a mommy figures it out, right? We will communicate, one way or another.   
 Hugs are the same in any language!  

 Lastly, I would like to give a small update on my spider story.  (See pictures and video if you like) It seems that Andy's idea of "taking care of it" was to put the mason jar with the spider in it on a shelf in the garage and forget about it. So, here we are, more than two weeks since we originally caught the thing, and it is still in a jar, in my garage. In fact, until two days ago, it was still alive. So, in case you ever need to know, black widows can live two whole weeks without food. Or water. 
 Now the question is, what do I do with a huge, dead black widow? Throw away the whole jar? I don't think the "hippie" in me can do that, (it is not only reusable, but recyclable too!) but the squeamish girl in me certainly doesn't want to clean it out. I am thinking this is still an Andy job...
 Now I just have to convince him of that.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful to hear about Gifty! She looks so cute!
I can't wait to hear more news on Glwadys...(sp?) I think it is so cool that you are going to have to learn French! What great motivation!

Unknown said...

oh, I forgot to comment on the spider. Um, I could NEVER reuse a jar that a spider had lived in for a few weeks...except to maybe house another spider. The thing should have never been placed in the jar to begin with. Corey burns spiders around here. ha ha. They just shrivel right up into thin air! ha ha! No jars or mess on your shoe. A stick lighter thingee works great -the long kind with the cliker thingee. Can't describe it too well. One time I drowned a spider in bug spray. It died on its climb back up to the gutter. I am sure you love me for writing such wonderful words on your blog! ha ha!